You know that sometimes administering your forum is a very difficult task. Especially, if you want to try something new, like migration from one platform to another (in this case we consider MyBB to vBulletin migration). You don’t want to imagine how many hours of work has to be spent on transferring manually all the data from one forum to another. Though there is an alternative solution which will make your migration road not so stony and bumpy.
One of the reasons of why you may want to implement MyBB to vBulletin migration is the fact that the current forum platforms are offering different opportunities, and each one has its own advantages. Both of platforms mentioned above gleam in the lights of popularity, but they have some differences.
myBB vs vBulletin
If you are a starter, myBB will be a good option for you. With myBB, the one can create a forum which is based on a free platform and which has many simple settings. myBB supports 3 databases ( MySQL, PgSQL, and SQLite). A number of plugins here is of +/- 2.5k. Almost 1,600 websites use the current forum platform. There are 39 translations available. Among other attractive features, the private messaging and theme editing using CSS editor are included here too.
Nearly 93k of websites use vB. Now compare it to myBB. And this is regardless the fact that vBulletin is a paid forum. Why is that so? Firstly, let’s draw all the attention to the variety of options vBulletin offers. Forum is no way the only strong part of vB, you can also develop and manage a website, a blog and some other web projects. The decision is yours after all.
If you want to try something new, such as modern interface, extensive user settings, with the possibility to take into account their common interests and an improved search performance, a better option for you will be vBulletin.
How to implement a MyBB to vBulletin migration? Think also about using automated migration with CMS2CMS. Sure, you can find a special plugin to do that, but it works only with the specific type of migration. CMS2CMS, on the other hand, can be used for migration between different platforms. In addition, you do not need coding or hiring a specialist in this area to perform your migration.
15 minutes only and all the posts and comments will be transferred to your new platform. It means that you can save a lot of time and use it for administering your brand new forum.
Video Tutorial: How to Migrate MyBB to vBulletin with CMS2CMS
Here you can take a look at this easy step-by-step instruction of how to migrate from myBB to vBulletin:
1. Sign in using your Google+ or Facebook account or create a new one at cms2cms.com
2. Enter URL addresses of your old forum and a new one;
Choose your forum types. These will be myBB and vBulletin respectfully. Then push “continue” button;
3. Download the connection bridge to your PC.
- download the bridge file (it’s “cms2cms.zip”) unzip it to the corresponding folder;
- connect your forums via FTP client software (use your host name, username, and password);
- copy the “cms2cms” folder extracted from the zip file and put it into the root folder of both your myBB and vBulletin forums.
4. Select your Migration Options.
You are able to choose some extra options for your migration:
- migrate Media Files (moving your media data to the new vBulletin platform);
- make URLs SEO Friendly (this option will make your vBulletin URLs readable and SEO friendly);
- clear Target Site Data (it’s recommended to check this box in order to delete unnecessary data from your target website).
5. Start Free Demo Migration.
Now you can watch your Free Demo Migration process. After it is over you will be able to check the results of the migration.
6. Start Full Migration. If you are satisfied with the results of the Demo Migration and interested in full migration, you can start it now.
The post 6 Steps to Make MyBB to vBulletin Migration Quick [+Video] appeared first on CMS2CMS.