Position is responsible for supporting digital media projects through: planning and development, design and user experience optimization, strategy and SEO for digital communications materials for Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art. Such materials may include but are not limited to the Museum’s website, exhibition microsites, web banners, and other marketing support sites, in-gallery kiosks and displays, digital signage and calendars, enewsletters, and other electronic communications vehicles.
Principle Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Work in collaboration with digital media team to strategize, plan and develop digital communications
- Manage digital media projects from initiation to delivery
- Concept, design and test effective and engaging digital experiences across multiple platforms for Crystal Bridges digital communication needs.
- Organize information architecture and site navigation.
- Develop wire frames, mock ups and prototypes
- Adhere to the brand standards of the organization and the creative direction set by Creative Services Manager and Digital Media Manager
- Design digital mockups and prototypes for various digital communications projects
- Develop responsive/adaptive designs based on screen size, platform, and orientation
- Engage in website and enewsletter testing across browsers, screen sizes, platforms, and orientation
- Remain current with web design standards, best practices, emerging technology, and industry trends
- Design, manage, and execute electronic communications vehicles
- Collaborate with stakeholders to review and revise plans for digital communications
- Maintain Museum SEO and Analytics goals
- Analyze and report numbers for stakeholders
- Work with data and metrics to create data driven decisions and designs
- Coordinate project proofing to identify errors prior to publishing
- Other duties as assigned
Education, Training and Traits:
- Associate’s degree in web, graphic design or related field
- Experience in font-end development for CMS platforms such as WordPress, Drupal, Joomla and SiteCore
- Comfortable working closely with graphic design and web development team members
- Ability to follow changing industry-wide SEO best practices
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under a tight deadline
- Ability to work with 3rd party web developers and software vendors
- Excellent knowledge of design principles, web standards, responsive web design and usability
- Ability to receive critical feedback on work and make necessary adjustments
- Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Familiarity with version tracking and project management software
- Experience in mobile design is a plus
- Ability to scope and specify project requirements
- Experience in publication design, typography and computer-based illustration skills
- Two (2) years work experience or training in web design, preferred. Work as part of a creative team preferred.
- Experience and/or training in at least two of the following areas: communications, web design, business management, education, arts-related field.
In regard to education and experience, an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience will satisfy the minimum requirements
Licenses and Certifications:
- Valid driver’s license
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to understand and maintain the highest levels of confidentiality and discretion
- Highest ethics as they relate to all aspects of museum practices
- Belief in the museum as a cause for social good and a positive, dynamic force for cultural development
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: In the work environments described below, Position requires working at desk/workstation and utilizing a computer and telephone for prolonged periods of time, good eye/hand coordination, verbal and written conversation with others, ability to move around the facility and on the trails, lifting/carrying (up to 20 lbs). Vision abilities required by the job include close vision.
- Work Environment: Work will be performed in an office environment and in museum spaces as necessary. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
Crystal Bridges offers a competitive compensation package.
To be considered for candidacy for this position, apply below.
No phone calls please.
The successful candidate will be required to pass a routine background and consumer credit check and drug screen.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER