WE’RE LOOKING FOR SENIOR FRONT-END DEVELOPERS who not only excel at semantic, responsive, cross-browser markup, but can also analyze client/user needs to recommend innovative technical solutions that meet project budgets and deadlines.
You’d be a great fit as our next Senior Front-End Developer if you understand best practices in UI/UX design and thrive creating technical solutions in collaboration with digital strategists, designers, and backend developers. You should be flexible enough to support many projects in one day, focused enough to concentrate exclusively on one project for several weeks, and as comfortable developing code with headphones on as you are in a client/team brainstorming session asking thoughtful questions and proposing solutions.
Our team is growing, so check us out and see if you’ll enjoy it here as much as we do.
- At least 3+ years experience as a front-end developer building responsive websites and web applications (bonus points if at an agency)
- Experience with front-end web frameworks (e.g. Bootstrap, Foundation)
- Experience developing markup templates for use in content management systems and ecommerce systems
- Architectural understanding of how the web works: the web server, network requests, the browser, the DOM, stylesheets, scripts
- Working understanding of web infrastructure and scalability, object-oriented programming, and MVC architecture
- Comfortable developing with Git/Subversion, CSS preprocessors, linters, coding standards, branding guidelines, and both waterfall and agile development processes
- Confidently and quickly able to navigate around and work within an unfamiliar codebase
- Able to confidently build upon an existing aesthetic through code (e.g. new templates, components, feedback mechanisms, animations)
- Able to troubleshoot and debug complex websites and applications (e.g. network requests, performance, layout issues, browser bugs)
- General proficiency coding in at least one server-side language (PHP is a plus)
- Must be comfortable working with UI designers. Should have experience converting design comps created in Photoshop or Sketch into functional websites.
We’re not specifically looking for experience in any of these areas, but we’d be eager to chat if you also have previous experience or interest in:
- Additional server-side languages (e.g., .NET, Ruby, Python, C#)
- Server-side frameworks (Laravel, Grails)
- Popular databases (e.g. MySQL, Postgres, SQL Server)
- Installing and customizing content management systems or ecommerce systems (e.g. WordPress, Drupal, Magento)
- Marketing and analytics systems (e.g. Marketo, Salesforce, Google Analytics)
- Native mobile application development (e.g. iOS, Android)
- UI/UX design (e.g. wireframing, prototyping, comps)
- An appreciation for food. We talk about food a lot here
- Driven to learn independently, willing to learn from others, and eager to share knowledge
- Follows industry developments to stay on the pulse of new tools, skills, technologies, and best practices
- Appreciates the customer service paradigm and the educator role a digital agency plays in working with clients and helping them succeed in their mission while staying within the project timeline and budget
- Strong attention to detail and a keen eye for finding the little issues and poor interactions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to analyze and convey complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical people
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Cstraight is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
Job Perks: – Competitve Salary
– Excellent Health and Dental Benefits
– Performance-based bonuses
– 3 weeks paid-time-off + holidays and floating holidays
– Fully-stocked kitchen with unlimited snacks and drinks
– Flexible hours
– Team lunch outings every Friday on us
– Team outings like Segway DC, Six Flags, and more
– Pool table for some friendly competition
– Training, certifications, and conferences
– And more…