I have researched & tried what’s been suggested, and nothing works. I had D7 multisited for years just fine. D8 is eluding me.
I’m at Bluehost. I have a primary site up & running D8 just fine; it’s at public_html level. The 2nd site is a Parked domain; this is how it works with D7.
I’ve created a subfolder sites/2ndsite.net. In it is example.settings.php.
In sites, is an unmodied copy of example.sites.php renamed sites.php.
This is my site right now, and all i get when I go to 2ndsite.net is a page that shows my nameservers at pointing to Bluehost properly.
Here’s what I’ve tried:
- making a subdomain of 2ndsite.net (which is how D7 worked).
- getting rid of the subdomain
- modifying sites.php
- not modifying sites.php
Nothing works. I don’t have shell access; I don’t use drush; I have used Drupal fine for years with just cpanel & Transmit.
If anyone has a real solution, I’d be extremely grateful.
If anyone says “example.sites.php has directions” I will curse your soul to ending torment.
Now excuse, I’m doing to go stick my head in the door & slam it hard.