Maintenance and security release of the Drupal 8 series.
This release fixes security vulnerabilities. Sites are urged to upgrade immediately after reading the notes below and the security announcements:
No other fixes are included.
No changes have been made to the .htaccess, web.config, robots.txt or default settings.php files in this release, so upgrading custom versions of those files is not necessary.
Updating from versions older than 8.3.0
We’ve received reports of the following issues with the 8.3.0 release that may affect those updating from older versions of Drupal 8:
- A few sites have reported #2869449: PluginNotFound exception after update to Drupal 8.3 where the plugin name mentioned in the exception may vary. Administrators of affected sites should check the issue queues of contributed modules in use. Comment on #2869449 if necessary.
- Sites that have the HAL module enabled and are upgrading from 8.1.x have encountered #2867444: Configuration schema errors whilst updating to 8.3.0. Possible workarounds include updating to 8.2.7 first and then to 8.3.0, or (for sites using Drush) updating to Drush 8.1.10. (Note that 8.1.x has been end-of-life since September 2016, so we generally do not provide full support for updates that skip minor releases.)
File usage tracking causes unexpected file deletion
Drupal 8 currently has a number of known issues related to incorrect tracking of file usage, which can result in files being unexpectedly deleted from a site. Site owners experiencing unexplained file loss should consider setting “Delete orphaned files” to “Never” on
/admin/config/media/file-system until these issues are resolved, and note the following issues:
- #2801777: Give users the option to prevent Drupal from automatically marking unused files as temporary
- #2708411: File usage not incremented when adding new translation
- #1239558: Deleting a node with revisions does not release file usage
- #2810355: Images lost when changing node language
- #2884025: Uploading a managed file on a custom form that allows multiple files also triggers the remove button which results in a duplicate temporary record and results in the file being deleted