I am relatively new to Drupal so this could definitely be a user error. I am trying to update Drupal Core from version 8.3.7 to 8.4.0. I am currently hosting Drupal through 1&1 and utilizing FileZilla to access my database via FTP.
After attempting this update twice, I still see the following:
1) No pending updates when visiting website.com/update.php
2) Updates available under Extend Tab –> Drupal Core 8.3.7 to 8.4.0
Below are the steps I followed but still seem to have no luck in updating this core correctly:
1) Put site into Maintenance Mode
2) Download Drupal Core 8.4.0 and Unzip
3) Remove all files and folders in my current install except for the SITE folder
4) Install all new files and folders within Drupal Core 8.4.0 except for SITE folder
5) After files were uploaded, I visited website.com/update.php (This is where I noticed there were no pending updates)
6) Cleared site cache
7) Disabled and enabled Maintenance Mode
8) Ran through these steps a 2nd time
Again, I am relatively new to Drupal but noticed there are no versions in between 8.3.7 and 8.4.0 other then BETA versions. I have spent all day reading, transferring files and no luck. Can someone please help or guide me in the right direction. Or is anyone else experiencing the same issue with this update?
Thank you in advance for your help and support.