ANNAI, a Drupal development agency headquartered in Japan, is looking for web developers currently living in, or wishing to live in Japan. ANNAI has been working with various CMS since the early 2000s, and and specialized in Drupal since 2007. ANNAI works with government agencies, universities, and Japanese industry. At ANNAI, we are careful in the choice of our projects, to ensure that our projects are not only profitable, but also entertaining in the challenges of the build. All ANNAI developers work remotely (within Japan), with somewhat flexible hours, and employment is based on performance.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- At least three years experience working with Drupal
- The ability to custom code modules and themes in Drupal 7
- The ability to custom code modules and themes in Drupal 8
- Experience integrating Drupal with other systems and APIs
- A knowledge of standard Drupal modules and core functionality
- Fluent English ability
Candidates with the following will be given higher priority
- A history of successfully working remotely
- Japanese language ability
- Experience architecting Drupal solutions
- Maintainers of modules on Drupal.org
- Already in Japan
- Already has permission to work in Japan (visa or citizenship)
As a valid working visa is required to work in Japan, candidates will need to qualify for a visa in Japan. Generally this means you will need either Japanese heritage, a university degree, to be from a company that has a Working Holiday Visa agreement with the Japanese government, a Japanese spouse or 10 years experience working in the industry. ANNAI is willing to sponsor visas for candidates.
Contracts will be one year, with a six-month trial period. Salary is negotiable, within standard Japanese market rates.
If this position interests you, please mail us at staff[at]annai.co.jp, with the subject ‘DRUPAL DEVELOPER APPLICATION’.
Any responses posted in this thread, or using the contact form on this account will be disregarded without consideration. Emails received without the above subject line will be disregarded without consideration.
We look forward to hearing from you!