I am moving from another CMS to Drupal 8. I have a bunch of URLs that will need to be forwarded. I have a number of these working in the htaccess file as expected, but one particular change is giving me unexpected results.
In my previous CMS, I had to use arbitrary file names in order to display items in any order other than alphabetical. So I might have articles/010_techtips and articles/020_events. In Drupal, I don’t need these, so I want to be able to capture incoming requests, search for the number and remove it.
In pseudocode, rewrite articles/010_techtips to articles/techtips.
I have written a rule with regexp that looks for the pattern and removes it. It checks perfectly in my regexp validation tool and the rewriterule works as expected when test at http://htaccess.mwl.be, but it does not work in Drupal.
Firstly, here is the rule in question:
RewriteRule ^(.*)([0-9][0-9][0-9]_)(.*)$ $1$3 [N=10,NC]
I’ve tried different flags, including DPI, NE, etc. If I omit the count on the N flag, I run out of memory, indicating an infinite loop. With the max loops set to 10 (or any value I’ve tried), i get:
[Tue Dec 20 12:17:11.922745 2016] [rewrite:error] [pid 91441:tid 2970218496] [client 127.0.0.1:61253] AH02596: RewriteRule ‘^(.*)([0-9][0-9][0-9]_)(.*)$’ and URI ‘/articles/010_techtips’ exceeded maximum number of rounds (10) via the [N] flag.
It seems as though it processes the rule and then submits the same url sans changes to the loop again.