Installation Dies Midway through Database Write to SQL Server 2014

A project I am working on is being migrated to a new infrastructure. We are currently set up using the Drupal Docs recommended Linux->MariaDB setup with no problems. However, due to business needs, we are needed to migrate, and the only place to go is to a SQL Server database.

Although it is a migration, I started with just Drupal 7.53 Core to install the database.

My first piece of documentation is http://www.easysoft.com/support/kb/kb01071.html.

This shows the different levels of ODBC Needed to make Drupal connect with SQL Server from an RHEL application server.

  1. I installed Microsoft ODBC Driver for Linux (https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/sqlnativeclient/2016/10/20/odbc-driver-…)
  2. Microsoft ODBC Driver for Linux automatically installs unixODBC
  3. # yum install php
  4. # yum install php-pdo
  5. # yum install php-gd
  6. # yum install php-dom
  7. # yum install php-mbstring
  8. # git clone –branch master http://git.drupal.org/sandbox/pstewart/2010758.git drupal_odbc_driver
  9. I then configured /etc/odbc.ini and /etc/odbcinst.ini as well as the /etc/httpd/config/httpd.config file accordingly
  10. Set up the /var/www/includes/databases/odbc and /var/www/sites/all/modules/mssql directories as described on EasySoft (Link from Above)

The connection is testing using isql -v and connects and conducts queries on the database.

Visiting www.example.com/install.php starts the installation process. The first two pages go smooth, but after selecting ODBC for database and clicking next, I am presented with a White Screen of Death (WSOD).

Looking at the Database, only 27 tables were written, the last one being ‘variables.’

Debugging and error logging in SQL Server are not showing any errors.

The Apache Error log is not showing any errors.

We have set this up in multiple environments, including using CentOS7 in a few tests, and all ending with the same result: Installation dies while writing the database with no apparent messages about what went wrong.

Setup:
App Server:RHEL7
Drupal: 7.53

Database Server:Microsoft Sever 2012
DB Type: SQL Server 2014

We have tried it on a live cloud platform as well as a VM based development environment. All with the same effect.

Please let me know if you need anymore information and I will provide what I can, as it aligns with corporate policy.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Drupal version: 


Source: https://www.drupal.org/taxonomy/term/1/feed