(New York, NY)
Night Owls is a boutique creative digital agency located in New York City’s Soho. We specialize in building user-friendly custom websites, web applications, and mobile applications.
We are seeking a talented and passionate Junior UX Designer/Front-end Developer to join our growing team. We’re a small agency so every new person makes a big impact. You can expect to work closely with our Creative Director and take on responsibilities that push you to learn and grow your skills. Personality and passion for UI/UX is as important as qualifications.
Check out our site to meet our team and see the kind of projects we do – www.nightowlinteractive.com
Create visual design elements for projects under the guidance of Creative Director
Participate in internal design reviews and stakeholder meetings
- Code clean HTML/CSS table and table-less layouts
- Code HTML/CSS for both emails and web pages
- Engage in overall quality assurance testing with an emphasis on troubleshooting cross browser/email client issues
- Creating and sharing a knowledge base on front end developer-related issues
- A strong understanding of grid systems, composition, website layouts, color theory, typography and an obsessive attention to detail.
- Strong conceptual, visual, problem solving and analytical skills in order to think through multi-step design flow from start to finish.
- An artistic eye, can run with design examples and knows all the web design best practices.
- Previous QA experience and can work directly with product stakeholders to ensure the successful implementation of your designs.
- Understanding of UX principles and human-centered design
- Understanding of responsive web design
- Portfolio that represents a wide range of diverse projects with a focus on user-centered solutions
- Comprehensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and Illustrator are a must. After Effects and InDesign are a plus).
- HTML/CSS Expert-Level Knowledge
- An understanding of accessibility, bandwidth and cross-browser compatibility issues
- Be proficient at testing on different operating systems and browsers/email clients (e.g. Macs & PCs: Safari, Firefox, Chrome, IE7-9)
- Experience with themeing or skinning popular CMS platforms (ie. Drupal, WordPress, Magento, etc.) a plus
- Ability to work autonomously as well as collaborate in team environment with producer, designers and programmers to develop dynamic, interactive web sites
- Provide input into CSS/HTML site development standards and processes
- Experience with Git and Github
- Familiarity with Photoshop (e.g. basic image slicing/production)
- Must be able to hand code without the use of Dreamweaver
- A desire to create modular, reusable and maintainable code
- A desire to create best-in-class products using bleeding-edge web technologies
- A positive attitude and love working with a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects with strict deadlines
- High level of self-management and organizational skills/attention to detail
- BFA/BA/BS or equivalent industry experience in related field
- Minimum 2 years professional experience
Competitive salary and a creative entrepreneurial atmosphere.
Please include your resume, salary requirements, and links to your best work.
Full-time candidates only, please! This job is on-site; no telecommuters. Full-time/Contract to Permanent position.
We look forward to meeting you!