Our design department is currently seeking an experienced Senior UI/UX Designer to join our growing team. You will work closely with our Chief Experience Officer (CXO), the design director, designers, developers, and project managers to lead the user experience and design of great products.
We are looking for an individual who has the desire to drive change and improve processes that help us solve problems. You will make a direct impact on a variety of interesting projects. We embrace big picture thinkers who also enjoy the finer details of day-to-day activities. You will be given the opportunity to apply your abilities to meaningful work. If you’re the type of person who says, “I have a better way to do this.” we want to hear it.
An ideal candidate is someone who is ready to begin an upward trajectory in their career path. This person is already leading projects and likely a team of people – or – is right on the cusp of doing so. We want someone who wants to produce work at the highest levels, is interested in leading, and is looking to a future managing a team.
You will be provided guidance and support by the CXO, Design Director, and others on the O3 team to help develop the tools and techniques needed to be successful in the next stage of your journey in your career. If you believe you have the skills and abilities that will take you to the next level, we are committed to helping foster that with you.
WHAT YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR IN YOUR ROLE…
- Production of air-tight sitemaps, app flows, wireframes, and/or visual design deliverables on key projects
- Assist our UX Strategists as they conduct and analyze user research and customer insight
- Guide design team members through feedback and direction on their projects day-to-day
- Collaborate, interact, and present to clients in a confident, comfortable, and professional manner
- Communicate cross-departmentally with directors, account strategists, project managers, and developers
- Assist the CXO and Design Director to improve, expand and guide processes and procedures within the design department
A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL…
- Confidently speak to clients and present deliverables in a clear and effective manner (both in person and virtually)
- Lead individual projects autonomously without intense oversight
- Produce strong visual design work with an emphasis on product based user interfaces
- Learn internal design work-flow processes quickly and evolve them over time
- Embrace a user-centric design approach
- Solve problems through collaboration and team effort
- Lead and guide designers with their day-to-day tasks
- Oversee design output and quality control for multiple projects on an ongoing basis
- Have excellent written communication skills
- Be knowledgeable of top tier agency quality work
- Consider the professional growth of yourself as well as other members of the design team
- Consistently motivate him/her self and be engaged to do the work
- Remain positive, patient, and calm with employees and clients
- Understand long term project goals and business objectives
- Consider budgets, timelines, deadlines, and external constraints
- Actively participate in the design community and be an evangelist for the O3 design department
YOUR EXPERIENCE SHOULD INCLUDE…
- 5 – 7+ years working as a UI/UX designer at an agency, product, or other parallel experience.
- Process Knowledge – Proven experience with iterative design processes, responsive design, mobile design, application / product design, and/or eCommerce design.
- UX Design – Proven ability to think critically and solve business problems in new and creative ways using information architecture, wireframing, usability best practices, and prototyping.
- UI Design – Proven experience creating industry leading visual design by utilizing style guides, UI kits, and screen comps for websites, mobile applications, and interactive products.
- Communication & Collaboration – Proven experience working successfully within a team or collaborative environment on challenging projects and presenting solutions effectively.
- Development Familiarity – Be aware of emerging technologies and have a basic understanding of how designs are implemented and integrated into content management systems like WordPress, Drupal, and Magento. Working knowledge of HTML and CSS is always a positive.
YOUR BENEFITS WILL INCLUDE…
- Amazing office space in Fishtown, flex vacation time, paid trips to national and regional industry events and conferences, paid training, speaking opportunities, summer hours, company happy hours, casual office dress code, monthly one-to-one employee growth meetings, lunch and learns, sponsored networking events, employee referral program, company holidays and half-days, quiet rooms, annual holiday party, peer-to-peer recognition, annual non-profit participation, neighborhood outreach events, your own personal theme music, and more…
- Medical coverage including vision, dental coverage, short term disability, long term disability, life insurance plan, 401k with company match
O3 specializes in digital product design and development, from conceptualization through implementation and support. We work with businesses as their strategic partner to provide long-term digital solutions through web, mobile, e-commerce, and application development. With offices in Philadelphia, we’ve emphasized a balanced approach to design, innovative technological solutions, and an award-winning agency culture.
We believe teamwork is essential to the process of solving complex design problems and provides us the capability to deliver exceptional digital products to users. We embrace people that possess “t-shaped skills”, or those who have deep knowledge in a specific skill set, but are also able to collaborate across additional disciplines. As an individual, you will have the opportunity for exponential growth in your craft. As a teammate, you will learn from and positively impact others through collaboration.
Continually looking to explore new horizons in the fields of user experience, design, and technology, we have a unique program at O3 titled O3 Labs. We embrace future thinking through experiences and experimentation with emerging technologies. All staff members are invited to collaborate internally to devise labs concepts that attempt to solve real experience and business problems. You will have the opportunity to present a concept and, if chosen, company time, employees, and resources are dedicated to make your idea become a reality. O3 Theme Music is one example of several other successfully launched labs projects from O3 World. See it in action: https://youtu.be/CsxhmADToyY
We are also proud to be the founder and host of Philadelphia’s premier user experience and product design conference since 2014. Once a year we invite a national roster of experts in the field of user experience to share their wisdom, ideas, processes, and inspiring stories to people like you. Each employee at O3 World has the opportunity to join the Forge planning committee and contribute your thoughts and ideas to a conference that is quickly gaining prominence as an industry leading event. Learn more about Forge: http://www.forgeconf.com
Our office is located in the heart of one of the most vibrant and active areas within the city. You will have easy access to public transportation, a variety of delicious local eateries and coffee shops, entertainment venues like Johnny Brenda’s and The Fillmore, as well as a fitness facility opening Winter 2016. Regardless of what your interests and curiosities might be, there is always something new and exciting to explore.
Philly is a great place to live and work, and we may be able to assist with relocation expenses for the right candidate applying outside the city. However, you must be able to legally work in the US. Recruiters and staffing companies NEED NOT contact us.
Please submit a copy of your resume and relevant work samples that will help expand our understanding of your creative process. Links to your work and/or portfolio are required. Links to your LinkedIn, Twitter accounts, or anything else you feel will help us get to know you better are also appreciated.
O3 is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We look forward to meeting with you.