For context see
Here’s a proposed outline for what the documentation for the Drupal 8 aggregator module could contain. https://www.drupal.org/docs/8/core/modules/aggregator
- Page: Aggregator module overview
Module description, and example use cases. What does this module do? When should I enable it?
Start by copy pasting from help text displayed by the help module at admin/help/aggregator, and adjust
- Page: First steps
Documents typical next steps when using the module, configuration, terminology, and concepts.
- Module relies on cron to determine how often to pull in new content. Link to more info about that
- define “sources” and “feed items”
- module doesn’t create nodes, creates feed items which are teasers with links to original content
- list content at /aggregator, and/or use views to create a custom list
- Page: Adding and editing sources
Documents how to add a new aggregator source, and retrieve feed items. Talk about adding fields to an aggregator source – the fields apply to the source, and not to the individual field items, you could use it to for example add a photo for the source, or a description text.
- Page: Alternative approaches
Outline other approaches aggregating external content, compare those project so aggregator, link to those projects.
– Feeds module
- Related content: configure cron
- Review outline and suggest changes
- Review existing documentation for module https://www.drupal.org/docs/8/core/modules/aggregator
- Create pages for above outline and start filling them in.