For context see.
Here’s a proposed outline for what the documentation for the guide at https://www.drupal.org/docs/8/core/modules/automated_cron should contain.
- Page: Automated Cron module overview
What is cron?
Module description, and example use cases. What does this module do? When should I enable it?
Start by copy pasting from help text displayed by the help module at admin/help/automated_cron, and adjust
- Page: First steps
Documents typical next steps when using the module, configuration, terminology, and concepts.
- Notes about what this should cover
- What is cron?
- Allows cron to run automatically when pages are visited.
- Pros and cons to using this menthod vs setting up cron.
- Related: Setting up cron
- Review above outline and suggest changes
- Review and update existing overview page
- Draft pages in guide and publish for review