For context see
Here’s a proposed outline for what the documentation for the guide at https://www.drupal.org/docs/8/core/modules/ban/overview should contain.
- Page: Ban module overview
Module description, and example use cases. What does this module do? When should I enable it?
This is already there, lets review it. Add some information about use-cases?
- Page: Ban an IP address
Document how to add/remove an IP address ban. We can move the content from the existing overview page.
- Page: Alternative options
This isn’t a widely used solution, is likely to be removed , and should really be handled at the server level whenever possible. Lets make sure we give that context, and provide links to alternative modules or tutorials on ways to do this.
- Ban using .htaccess
- Ban using CloudFlare or other …
- Review above outline and suggest changes
- Review and update existing overview page
- Draft pages in guide and publish for review