Technical Product Manager
Pantheon powers the world’s professional websites. Our multi-tenant, container-based cloud platform enables businesses to run mission-critical Drupal & WordPress websites. Developers, Marketers and IT can instantly scale in response to unplanned traffic spikes, without upgrading VMs or clusters. Large enterprises use Pantheon, including Intel, Cisco, Arizona State University, and the United Nations.
We value teamwork, humor and hard work balanced with solid social time together. We’re enthusiastic participants in several open-source communities, and have real relationships with many of our most active customers and that’s where you come in.
Pantheon is changing the way professional web developers work, which we believe is critical as billions of people come online and the web is the central conduit for business, organizations, and individuals to connect. We are looking for someone who shares our enthusiasm for the world-changing impact of the internet, along with our internal mission.
Pantheon currently operates millions of Linux containers in production, and serves billions of pages monthly. We are hiring a technical product manager to drive innovation and excellence for our website management platform. This person will work directly with senior engineering resources to deliver customer wins and business value through our core technology.
- Act as product owner and leader to deliver improvements to the platform and infrastructure in an agile environment
- Work closely with our engineering team and leadership
- Interact with power-users and agency developers to understand their needs, and help represent their mindset and desire internally
- Craft specifications for product changes — be they written, in concert with internal design resources, and via research and proofs of concept. This includes defining success criteria and business value
- Help engineers understand said requirements, support them through execution, and making sure that success criteria are measured and the value is delivered.
- Assist in ensuring all new features are correctly documented and supportable.
- Be a dedicated expert in infrastructure platform work
- Support the marketing and sales team on product launches
Our ideal candidate is:
- Passionate about infrastructure and platforms
- An experienced product manager with prior success with very technical projects.
- Has practical experience with cloud infrastructure and services (e.g. AWS ecosystem, CloudFoundry, Heroku, or Google Compute)
- Knowledgeable about software and/or web development.
- Experienced in justifying engineering efforts in terms of business value using data
- Enthusiastic about and previously successful working with a remote team (#RemoteLyfe)
- Comfortable talking to customers and senior stakeholders, synthesizing feedback, and participating in prioritization efforts
- User-centric, you understand the needs of developers
Bonus points for:
- Knowledge of the full web stack: Linux, MySQL, PHP, HTTP, and modern browser behavior.
- Architecture and systems design experience that help you write specifications collaboratively with engineers.
- Experience interfacing directly with technical customers (CIO, CTO, directors of development or engineering) to gather requirements and architect solutions
- CS degree
- Industry competitive salary.
- Stock options.
- Vacation days and time off.
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision).
- Top-of-line equipment.
- Discounts on custom bicycles – the founders of Pantheon also Founded Mission Bicycle.
- Dog friendly office.
- Training stipend to attend industry conferences.