Our goal should be that every module has it’s own documentation guide at www.drupal.org/docs/VERSION/modules (where VERSION currently is 7 and 8). However, that isn’t enough. These guides should also be consistent to the user. We want Drupal to have good documentation. To achieve this we need to help the module maintainers.
Currently we have:
- Module documentation guidelines – in particular the handbook / documentation guide section
- The general Content style guide
I think we should expand the documentation guide section with some specific advice:
- Title of guide – always equal to module name?
- Minimum content requirement?
- Minimum size of a page
- Best practice for documentation that fit on one page
Please edit the list above with further things that should be covered.