(Mountain View, CA)
Pantheon powers the world’s professional websites. Our multi-tenant, container-based cloud platform enables businesses to run mission-critical Drupal & WordPress websites. Developers, Marketers and IT can instantly scale in response to unplanned traffic spikes, without upgrading VMs or clusters. Large enterprises use Pantheon, including Intel, Cisco, Arizona State University, and the United Nations.
We value teamwork, humor and hard work balanced with solid social time together. We’re enthusiastic participants in several open-source communities, and have real relationships with many of our most active customers and that’s where you come in.
Pantheon is changing the way professional web developers work, which we believe is critical as billions of people come online and the web is the central conduit for business, organizations, and individuals to connect. We are looking for someone who shares our enthusiasm for the world-changing impact of the internet, along with our internal mission.
Pantheon is seeking a motivated, proactive and energetic individual to join the company’s Documentation Team as a full-time member. We’re looking for a writer and editor to help create developer content for the Pantheon Documentation Site.
Reporting into to the Customer Success Manager and working cooperatively with the Documentation, Customer Success, and Engineering teams this person will write and edit documention on platform features and best practices and create guides to showcase the power of the Pantheon platform and devops tools. If you’re a skilled writer who knows how to craft clear, concise and useful reference documentation and usage samples to help developers succeed, come join us!
This person will be part of our Customer Success Team, writing content for users around the world.
What you’ll own:
- Collaboration with cross-departmental teams to determine the needs of end-users of technical documentation
- Strategize, develop, write, edit and maintain content for the end to end Pantheon platform
- Copy edit in-product-related content
- Management and editing of documentation contributions from our internal teams and our developer community
- Communication with Support, Product, and Engineering teams about user feedback, product changes, and technical product information that inform our documentation
- Our monthly Changelog newsletter and our weekly documentation status report
Our ideal candidate has:
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience
- Strong ability to plan, prioritize, and carry out complex writing projects with high attention to detail along the way
- The ability to talk the talk – you possess a broad background and knowledge of Drupal, WordPress, and general web development
- Ability to create high-quality, innovative content for software developers
- The ability to act as a strong developer advocate, especially for those new to a platform
- Ability to compassionately give and receive editorial critique
- Excellent communication skills, especially when working with a distributed team
- A talent for productive, empathetic problem-solving
- Polished writing samples to share
Bonus points for:
- Working knowledge of Git and the command line.
- Already being a Pantheon champion or is very familiar with the challenges of website management
- Having worked on a large documentation site with community driven documentation efforts
- Experience with continuous delivery and agile workflows
What we can offer you
We have all the usual perks and benefits but what we can really offer you is a fantastic work environment powered by an amazing team.
Oh yeah…here are a few other things we offer as well:
- Industry competitive salary.
- Stock options.
- Vacation days and time off.
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision).
- Top-of-line equipment.
- Fun at Drupal community events.
- Discounts on custom bicycles – the founders of Pantheon also Founded Mission Bicycle.
- Dog friendly office.
- Training stipend to attend industry conferences.
- Fully stocked kitchen with lunches provided.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.