Established in 1946, with headquarters in Washington, D.C., American Institutes for Research (AIR) is an independent, nonpartisan, not-for-profit organization that conducts behavioral and social science research and delivers technical assistance both domestically and internationally. As one of the largest behavioral and social science research organizations in the world, AIR is committed to empowering communities and institutions with innovative solutions to the most critical challenges in education, health, workforce, and international development.
AIR is currently searching for a Web Application Designer/Developer to work in our Washington, DC (Georgetown) headquarters.
• Analyze requests and business processes to find new ways to increase productivity through automation
• Monitor previously automated processes to ensure desired outcomes
• Facilitate better knowledge management through improved usage of SharePoint functionality
• Continually test and suggest process improvements in the development environment
• Work to eliminate recurring issues by analyzing repeat tickets and requests
• Review and/or suggest integration opportunities with other AIR systems
• Gather information and create prototypes based on client requests
• Partner with business sponsors to define success metrics and criteria.
• Provide least complexity design solutions (where feasible) to allow customer edits and maintenance
• Adopt high quality, best practice designs and approaches to solving problems, ensuring long term success
• Explore, prototype, and integrate new software (features, platforms) into our environment
• Ensure customer requests (tickets) are prioritized and issues resolved in a timely manner to satisfaction
• Provide training and consultation on the best practices for various client needs (new sites, security, etc.)
• Ensure interactions are client focused, responsive, and achieve desired outcomes
• Collect requirements for larger efforts and manage client expectations with timely communications
• Monitor the Search engine and reports within SharePoint to increase search efficacy/hit rate
• Add Query Rules to highlight and promote heavily searched terms
• Work collaboratively to suggest terms to be added to the Term Store (Metadata)
• Bachelors’ of Science in Information Technology, Computer Science or other related degree required
• A minimum of 5 – 8 years of relevant work experience is required
• 2 Years of Experience (or equivalent) with SharePoint and/or other web content management systems
• Proficient with SharePoint usage and design (SP Designer, HTML, CSS etc.)
• Knowledge and expertise of web content and collaboration systems (Drupal)
• Metadata and Search engine experience
• Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills individually and as a team member
• Ability to influence, motivate, and mobilize teams and business partners.
• Flexibility and comfort with frequent change and unpredictability.
• Excellent task management, organization, and team collaboration skills.
• Ability to anticipate risks and devise solutions in the moment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Sound business and technology acumen.
AIR offers an excellent compensation and benefits package,
including a fully funded retirement plan, generous paid time off, commuter
benefits, and tuition assistance. For more information, please visit our
website at www.air.org. To apply, please go to
must apply online for consideration. EOE.