The things I did:
- Upgraded my existing site to Drupal 7.56;
- Created a subdirectory ‘sub.example.com’ in the sites folder;
- Copied a clean default.settings.php to this folder;
- Renamed it to settings.php;
- Created a files folder;
- Went to URL sub.example.php;
- Noticed that URL was translated into sub.example.com/install.php;
- Error: ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS.
What I tried:
- replaced my .htaccess in the root with a clean one;
- cleared my cookies;
- cleared the cache of the existing site;
- going to a non-existing subdomain results in going to the main site (with all ‘./’ links being broken… for example: I still have a folder in my root with some graphics and links are translated to “http://nonexistingsub.example.com/graphics/picture.png“).
Any other things I could try?